Easy 5-Ingredient Organic Toddler Energy Bites
In our household, we spend a small fortune on energy/breakfast bars and cookies. As a working mom, I am always on the go. Most days grabbing a pre-packaged granola bar is simply the easiest thing to do. That is until Kai starts asking for a bite. I often wondered about the extra ingredients in my breakfast bars and decided to make an organic alternative that I don't feel guilty sharing.
These are literally the easiest organic toddler energy bites on the planet. It only requires 5 simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Since I didn't have any ripe bananas on hand, I used Amara Organic Pouches. Because all Amara's products are naturally dried, after you add water, they come back to the fruit/vegetable's original consistency. Kai really enjoys their taste and I love that Amara is organic with no sugar added.
- 3 pouches of Amara Banana with 1/3 cup of water (or 2 ripe bananas mashed)
- 1½ cups organic quick oats ( I like this Bob's Red Mill version)
- ⅓ cup organic peanut butter
- ¼ cup organic chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, rehydrate Amara Banana pouches with 1/3 cup of water. Stir in water very slowly.
- Mix in oats and peanut butter and stir well.
- Add in chocolate chips and honey.
- Place table spoonfuls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 mins on center rack.
The shape that you drop them in is pretty much how they will end up. They won't expand or flatten out. So if you like them to be more flat, press down a little with a spoon. I think they turned out really cute!
Next time I would like to add in some organic coconut flakes. I also recommend refrigerating them if you aren't going to finish them in a few days. I loved the texture of these organic toddler energy bars. I probably ate more of them than Kai did. They are definitly a make-again in my book!