Potato and Kale Pancakes with Amara
In our family, pancakes are a big deal. But not just any pancakes, I like to make all kinds of crazy ingredient pancakes (a staple is sweet potato pancakes but thats for another post).
When I found out I could incorporate our favorite Amara baby food pouch into potato and kale pancakes, I knew we had to try them ASAP. Amara dries the organic ingredients by removing water which renders it in a powder form. This makes the baby food really fun to cook with. Add any liquid (water, milk etc.), it comes back to life to the same consistency of the original ingredients. These were super simple, 3 ingredients and tasted like kale mashed potatoes! Bonus point, they come out green and super visually rewarding for Kai!
- 2 Amara Potato and Kale pouches
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Egg
- Coconut Oil
- Pour pouches, milk and eggs into medium mixing bowl (add dash of salt optional)
- Mix ingredients until smooth, let sit for 5 minutes
- Heat a dab of coconut oil over medium heat on skillet
- Drop 1/4 cup into center of the pan
- Smooth down evenly with a fork
- Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown
- Flip and cook until pancake rises and golden brown
Servings: 2, Prep Time: 3 Minutes, Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Next time, I will sauté chives and bacon to top the pancakes. Doesn't that sound like a good addition?
Hope you guys will like these! I know we certainly did! We enjoyed the pancakes in bed and I would suggest you do the same!
Come follow our future cooking adventures on Instagram.