Easy Summer Chicken with Pop & Cook
I love to cook! Well, minus the chopping, the portioning and the clean up. I guess what I mean to say is I love the idea of cooking. As a full time working mommy, it is very challenging to prepare a delicious meal with all the right herbs and spices the whole family will enjoy. When I first heard of Pop & Cook, I thought, wow what a neat idea! I can see us using these pre-packaged, portioned, frozen herbs to save a ton of time! One of my favorite flavors to add to dishes is sautéed sweet onions and garlic. I thought it would be fun to try the easy version of a toddler friendly chicken and pasta dish made with Pop & Cook's Sautéed Glazed Onions, Crushed Garlic and Chopped Cilantro.
See the video of how easy it was to make our dinner! Recipe detailed after the video!
Pop & Cook can be found in the frozen section of Walmart! Ours had it on special this week for $2 per package, totally worth the time I save by not having to chop anything!
Pop & Cook Equivalency Chart
- Crushed Garlic: 1 cube = 1 garlic clove
- Crushed Ginger: 1 cube = 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Basil: 1 cube = 1 teaspoon
- Sautéed Glazed Onions: 1 tray = 3 chopped onions
- Chopped Cilantro: 1 cube = 1 teaspoon
3 cubes Pop & Cook’s Frozen Crushed Garlic
2 cubes Pop & Cook’s Frozen Sautéed Glazed Onions
1/2 large tomato
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese (or cheese mixture)
1 package of angle hair pasta
Salt and pepper
Optional: 2 cubes Pop & Cook’s Frozen Chopped Cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While your,pasta boils, mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl
- Drain and rinse pasta,, minx in sauce
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic to skillet
- Add salt and pepper
- Add chicken breasts and cook for 6 minutes on each side
- Check to make sure the inside is heated properly
Hope you enjoyed the video! I loved making this easy meal!